Sales Hotline - 94886880 or Register your interest
Belgravia Villas Project Info
|Developer||Fairview Developments Pte Ltd (Tong Eng Group)|
|Developer Licence No.||C1053|
|Architect||P & T Consultants Pte Ltd|
|Landscape Architect||Salad Dressing|
|Property Type||Strata Landed Houses|
|Location||202, Belgravia Drive|
|Legal Description of Land||LOT 16206 PT MK 18 at Belgravia Drive|
|Site Area||37,257 sq m / 401,034 sq ft|
|Expected TOP||30 June 2018|
|Expected Legal Completion||30 June 2021|
|Total No. of Units||18 Semi-Detached & 100 Terraces (Strata Housing)|
|Car Park Lots||2 parking lots for each house|
|Building Plan Approval No.||A0814-00005-2011-BP01 dated 23 August 2013|
Belgravia Villas Video
Scarcity Creates Value
In a tiny city state like Singapore, the obvious scarcity of land resources cannot be overstated. And so it is with housing. There are not many landed properties here, primarily because land resources are scarce and landed homes eat up land supply. If you have the good fortune to own a good class bungalow (min. 1,400 sq m / 150,696 sq ft plot area) in District 10, then you are sitting on a huge pile of cash - into the tens and hundreds of millions of dollars. Simply stated, owning rare and scarce resources is almost certain to make you rich over time. Well, this bringsus to the next topic.
What are scarce resources? Land of course, especially freehold land in Singapore.
Belgravia Villas comes a-knocking - an apple waiting to be picked.
Internet marketing campaigns, agents' property brochures and news in the papers speak of Belgravia Villas impending launch. It is expected to preview or launch by end of August.
Review by Zen Tan
Why Belgravia Villas Is Doing Great
1. Unique. It's the only landed cluster homes in Seletar Estate. As scarcity creates value, Belgravia Villas is indeed a rarity in every way. Its modern architectural concept is drawn from the fashionable Belgravia district of London.
2. Nowhere But Up. Seletar Aerospace Hub, the latest addition to the country’s infrastructure will create 10,000 new jobs when completed by 2018. Linked this to housing needs and your investment returns aren't going anywhere but up.
3. Developer of Repute. Tong Eng started building houses way back in the sixties. The developer has a successful track record of building fine and quality properties over the years. These included landed developments like Stratton Green, Belgravia Park and the upcoming Belgravia Villas.
4. Massive Land Size. Belgravia Villas has a huge plot area of 207,597 sq ft. with 100 terrace homes and 18 semi detached houses. More space for a better quality of life - spacious outdoor for recreational activities, spacious indoor for greater privacy - everything counts.
5. Huge Living Spaces. Belgravia Villas units are sized between 3,500 to 4,000 sq ft. Indicative prices are about $800 psf. Even the basement area looks great, with a family room and a maid room. Both rooms have ensuite bathroom.
6. Upgraders Option. For home seekers wanting space and a landed lifestyle, Belgravia Villas just make that extra option available. Especially for those who wish to stay closer to their roots, those currently living in the matured Ang Mo Kio estate, this development may well be a perfect choice.
7. Why pay more. With 99-yr condominiums ranging at an average price of $1200 psf to $1600 psf even in the outskirts, the value for money and savings factor become instantly apparent. Why pay good money for a moderately priced leasehold condo at about $1200 psf, when you can pay $800 psf and save upwards of $400 psf for a freehold landed home in Seletar / Ang Mo Kio area.
8. Funtionality. Internal layout is optimised for versatile furniture placement and space. Double volume ceiling at the dining area puts you in a relaxed mood as you sit down with other members for that family tete-a-tete conversation. A less stressful life is a better life indeed.
9. Ample Parking Lots. Each house is provided with 2 car lots at the basement. No parking issues and quarrels with the management over shortage of parking lots as happened in some condo projects.
10. Private home lift. Belgravia Villas comes with a private, state of the art lift within your home, facilitating vertical mobility from the basement to 3rd floor. For older folks with immobility issues, this is a real boon.
11. Modern Facilities. Contemporary facilities such as reading alcove, water features, cantilevered gyms are simply not available in many cluster homes.
12. Premium Kitchen Appliances. The developer is throwing out all the goodies. Everything. From De Dietrich to SMEG to Grohe and Villeroy and Boch, it is quality all the way for the appliances and the fittings - fridge, cooker hood and hob, conventional oven and microwave, wine chiller, washer cum dryer and sanitary wares.
13. Exclusive Private Residential Enclave. Belgravia Villas is situated at the fringe of the tranquil and peaceful Seletar landed estate. But with an added advantage. It sits next to a national park, which naturally eliminates all threats of future development fronting it.
14. Quick Accessibility. Nearest bus stop is 220 metres away. Nearest train station is Ang Mo Kio MRT station. The Central Expressway (CTE) is nearby. Whether by bus, train or private vehicle, connectivity is never going to be an issue. CBD is a mere 18 - 20 minutes drive away.
15. Prestigious Schools Nearby. Rosyth School and Lycee Francais De Singapour is 1.28 Km and 1Km respectively.
Belgravia Villas Site
I just visited the Belgravia Villas site and took this picture on 23 July 2013. The site is awaiting transformation into a landed residential gem..
Belgravia Drive, the newly constructed road just opposite to Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2 is accessible from Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5.
Cross Island Line: The Game Changer
SMRT Cross Island Line targeted for completion by 2030 will run from Changi to Jurong, stretching more than 50 km with about 30 stations. Preliminary estimate is that commuters from residential areas will make at least 600,000 trips on the CRL every day. Belgravia Villas residents will welcome the added convenience.
Belgravia Of London
Belgravia is a district of west London in the City of Westminster and the Royal Bourough of Kensington and Chelsea. The residential properties are immensely expensive properties, making it one of the wealthiest districts in the world.
Belgravia is characterised by grand terraces of white stucco houses. It is a relatively quiet district in the heart of London, with Belgrave Square and Eaton Square as focal points. Since early beginnings, it has been one of London's most fashionable residential districts. Fashion design houses with retail flagship stores and studios here include Philip Treacy and Donna Ida. Many embassies are located in the area, especially in Belgrave Square.
As of 2013, many residential properties in Belgravia are owned by wealthy foreigners who reside in foreign lands, thus leaving many Belgravia properties unoccupied.
In contrast, it neighbouring districts are dotted with far more busy shops, large modern office buildings, hotels, and entertainment venues.
As of 2013 many residential properties in Belgravia were owned by wealthy foreigners who have other luxury residences worldwide in exclusive locations or in their countries of origin; thus many Belgravia properties are unoccupied because their owners were at other properties. This phenomenon has diminished social relations in the neighbourhood.
Belgravia Villas Communal Facilities
Guard House | Entry Court | 2 Lap Pool | Wading Pool | Sun Deck and Submerged Deck | Jacuzzi | Gymnasium | Reading Alcove | Children’ s Playground | Well Cove & Relaxation Cove | Lawn | Outdoor Fitness | BBQ | Cocktail Garden, Tea Garden & White Garden | Cocktail Lounge, Tea Lounge & Garden Lounge | Clubhouse & BBQ (Basement) | Steam & Sauna (Basement)
Explore more on Why Belgravia Villas here
Food & Drinks
- Pietro Ristorante | Italian Cuisine | Jln Kelulut | 3.9 Stars| Starts 11 am
- Seletar Hill Restaurant | Restaurant | Jln Selaseh | 4 Stars| Starts 11 am
- Yum Cha Garden | Dim Sum | 22 Kensington Park Rd | 3.4 Stars| Open till 3 pm
- Crab Party | Restaurant | Yio Chu Kang Rd | 4.1 Stars
- Sunset Grill & Pub | Restaurant | 259 Jalan Kayu | 3.9 Stars
- Muddy Murphy’s Irish Pub | Irish Pub | 111 Somerset Rd | 4 Stars
Distances to public transport, schools, shops, amenities
- Ang Mo Kio MRT (NS 16) | 2.13 Km
- Yio Chu Kang MRT (NS15) | 2.26 Km
- Bus Stop No. B54651 | Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5; Opp Techplace 2 | 221M
Bus Service No: 50, 72, 88, 159
Nearest Educational Centres
- Rosyth School | 1.28 Km
- Lycee Francais De Singapour - 1Km
Nearest Shopping Centre
- Greenwich V | 0.93 Km
Nearest Childcare Centre
- Ikids World Pte Ltd. | 475M
35, Saraca Rd, Seletar Hills Estate, S'pore 807381. Tel: 64814220
Raffles Medical| 372M
Location: 5012 Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 #01-01 S'pore 569876. Tel: 65562318
Nearest National Parks
- Stratton Walk Playground | 296M | Park with play equipment & adult fitness
- Nim Crescent Open Space | 404M | Open space
- Mimosa Walk Playground | 463M | Park with swing & sand pit
Prestige and Bets Hedging
To enrol your child into a prestigious school is everything one can hope for, as parents. Here is why.
A good education is the best of gifts a parent can give to his child. For intellect is a commodity that is in perpetual demand. Intellect has the potential to yield super-profits. The state that wants to be rich, strong and independent should focus on its intellectual resources. For that it needs to create a sound education system, refine and perfect it.
Illustration: As the story unfolded:
Justinian Guan, 11, won this year's RHB-The Straits Times National Spelling Championship - with the word "zeitgeist".
Justinian is from Rosyth School.
Tong Eng - The Developer
Initially, the company had its beginnings trading electrolytic tinplates for use in can and bottle cap production. The business expanded further into manufacturing and trading in non-ferrous metal, after the war, becoming the leading stockist of electrolytic tinplates in Singapore and a significant regional steel trader.
Believing in the future growth of Singapore, the brothers diversified the business further in the 1950s and went into property development.
Tong Eng Brothers Pte Ltd was founded in 1940s by the Teo Thye Chor and Thye Hong who came from the Hui Ann District of Fujian in China
Tong Eng Brothers were the first to develop a 5.5 acre Paya Lebar industrial estate in Little Road. The company made huge profits by selling many parcels of land to major oil refining companies like Shell, Esso and Mobil, for use as petrol stations.
In the 1960s, hundreds of houses and apartments were constructed in Tong Eng Heights (now known as Changi Heights) and Changi Grove by the company for rent to the British Forces.
West Sea Garden in Pasir Panjang, Tong Kong Garden in Upper Paya Lebar and shophouses along Upper Paya Lebar Road represented some of their earlier projects.
In 1968, by the time of Thye Chor’s demise, the Company owned up to 100 acres of land for development. The group has owned and developed more than a hundred acres of land for the last 50 years, involving office, retail, landed housing and apartment projects.
Succeeding his father, Thye Chor’s eldest son Tong Wah amalgamated the three shophouses along Cecil Street and other adjoining pre-war shop houses, to create an island site, and develop it into a 26-storey Tong Eng Building.
Amongst Tong Eng Group's accomplishments were landed developments like Stratton Green, Belgravia Park, Stratton Park, 8 @ Stratton and the upcoming Belgravia Villas.
URA Caveats of neighbouring properties
|Project Name||Street Name||Type||Tenure (Yrs)||Price ($)||Area (sq ft)||Type of Area||Unit Price (psf)||Date of Option / Sales Agreement Signed|
|Seletar Hills Estate||Jln Kelalut||Semi-Detached||Freehold||4,000,000||3,544||Strata||1,129||Aug 2015|
|Luxus Hill (Ph 7)||Luxus Hill Ave||Terrace House||999 yrs||2,790,000||1,615||Strata||1,728||Aug 2015|
|Saraca Gardens||Saraca Walk||Semi Detached||Freehold||3,400,000||3,940||Strata||863||Jul 2015|
|Seletar Hills Estate||Jalan Redop||Semi Detached||999 yrs||3,080,000||3,484||Strata||884||Jul 2015|
Belgravia Villas Latest Transaction Prices - Sept 2015 to Dec 2015
|Contract Date||Address||Property Type||Tenure||Unit Area||Type of Area||Price (PSF)||Price|
|19 Jun 2016||224 Belgravia Drive||Semi-D||Freehold||3,961||Strata||$820||3,250,000|
|8 May 2016||328 Belgravia Drive||Terrace||Freehold||3,584||Strata||$762||2,730,000|
|10 Dec 2015||250 Belgravia Drive||Terrace||Freehold||3,584||Strata||$781||2,800,000|
|1 Dec 2015||204 Belgravia Drive||Semi Detached||Freehold||3,961||Strata||885||3,504,960|
|3 Oct 2015||238 Belgravia Drive||Terrace||Freehold||3,961||Strata||$885||3,504,960|
|17 Sept 2015||388 Belgravia Drive||Terrace||Freehold||3,703||Strata||$778||2,880,000|
|13 Sept 2015||208 Belgravia Drive||Semi Detached||Freehold||4,026||Strata||$869||3,500,000|
|7 Sept 2015||230 Belgravia Drive||Semi Detached||Freehold||3,961||Strata||$820||3,247,790|
Belgravia Villas Prices Historic High and Low
Historical high: 919 psf- Oct 2013 - 4026 sq ft unit
Historical low: $767 psf - Oct 2015 - 3520 sq ft unit
Average transaction price: $811 psf.
Developer Sales Data
Developers Sales Data
INVESTING in real estate has never been an easy decision but a series of property cooling measures just made it more complicated.
For landed homes, the decision became even weightier because the quantum of investment is significantly larger than for a typical non-landed home, thereby posinggreater financial risk to the buyer.
Why buy landed
Limited stock: Supply in this landed housing sector makes up only 4 per cent of the total future supply. Therefore it is less likely to face an oversupply situation.
Long-term price appreciation - most landed properties are on freehold or on 999-year leasehold land.
The relative scarcity of landed homes makes them behave a little like art works and antiquities, which do not yield recurrent cash flow but may offer capital appreciation.
Moving up the social class: Over a longer term, as landed property tends to rise more than the All-Property Price Index, it has the effect of securing and augmenting one’s social-economic standing.
Full article, click on landed homes here
Seletar Area News Snippets
THE Seletar Mall opened its doors to shoppers on 28 Nov 2015 .
The four-storey, 188,000 sq ft shopping mall and two basements is home to over 130 brands including big names like Uniglo, premium supermarket FairPrice Finest and cineplex Shaw Theatres.
A short drive from Belgravia Villas, Seletar Mall is tipped to be the largest suburban lifestyle hub in the north-east of Singapore. It has been awarded a Gold in the BCA Green Mark Award by the Building and Construction Authority.
Seletar Aerospace Flyover
The Seletar Aerospace Flyover opened on May 16 2015.
The dual three-lane interchange link motorists to the Central Expressway (CTE), Seletar Expressway (SLE) and Tampines Expressway (TPE) and provide direct access to Seletar Aerospace Park via Seletar Aerospace Way.
Seletar Heritage To Be Preserved
The old world charm of the Seletar will be preserved. 32 vacant bungalows and two former military buildings at The Oval and Park Lane will be gazetted by the Urban Redevelopment Authority for conservation.
The Black and White bungalows at the old Seletar Airbase were once built to house officers from Britain's Royal Air Force before the outbreak of World War II.
Under a planned makeover, JTC will convert these to offices, schools, restaurants, spas and sports facilities. However it intends to maintain the colonial charm of the structures to add vibrancy.
JTC is the lead government agency behind the development of Seletar Aerospace Park, a 300ha plot of land then housing Seletar Airport and the colonial buildings.
Seletar still houses around 130 other residential colonial bungalows, which are located outside the aerospace park zone. Prior to plans for the aerospace park unveiled in 2007, there were 378 bungalows in the area.
Seletar also served as Singapore's first civil airport.
A SLP International report on the landed housing market in Singapore:
1st market boom from first half of 2004 to the first half of 2008, values of freehold cluster homes, or strata landed homes, rose faster than three other landed property types composing of freehold non-strata landed, 99-year leasehold strata landed and 99-year leasehold non-strata landed homes.
- The 2nd Market boom from the first half of 2009 to the second half of 2013, witnessed capital values rose the fastest for 99-year leasehold strata landed homes.
- Freehold non-strata landed homes over both market booms placed second in terms of the speed of price appreciation.
- Median transacted prices of strata terraced houses were generally higher than those of non-strata terraced houses on an absolute value basis.
- Median prices of 99-year leasehold strata terraces were consistently higher than non-strata ones.
Straits Times- March 22, 2012 by Yasmine Yahya
RESALE prices of landed homes rose in the first quarter. By contrast those in the condominium market softened, according to DTZ estimates.
Freehold landed homes in suburban areas posted a 1.6 per cent price rise in the three months to March 31; those in prime districts 9, 10 and 11 rose 1 per cent, against the 4th quarter of last year.
Resale prices of non-landed homes continued to weaken in the first three months of the year.
Luxury condo prices declined 0.8 per cent while freehold condominium values slipped 0.7 per cent from the previous quarter, due in part to dwindling demand triggered by the additional buyer's stamp duty implemented in December, DTZ said.