Temasek Holdings is No. 1
Amongst 5 Singapore companies that made the Estates Gazette Global’s top 100 real estate owners, Temasek has overtaken GIC to take the top spot.
Singapore Top 5 Property Firm In Capital Assets
- Temasek Holdings - US$39.9 billion
- CapitaLand - US$33.3 billion.
- GIC - US$22.4 billion.
- Global Logistics Properties - US$16.7 billion.
- City Developments Limited - US$14.9 billion.
Their combined total asset value adds up to US$127.2 billion.
Temasek is an investment firm owned by the state. It holds stakes in regional and local real estate corporations like CapitaLand, Mapletree, Pulau Indah Ventures and M+S .
The Estates Gazette’s top 100 companies is a compilation of investors from all over the world based on real assets and not on debt and securities. $12.4bn is the minimum value of total assets required to feature in the top 100 which owned a total of $3.6 trillion of property, with a $400 billion increase over last year’s figures.
Top 3 spot on the Global 100:
- Canada-based Brookfield Asset Management took top spot with almost $130bn of assets.
- Blackstone is No. 2 with $94bn.
- TIAA-CREF climbs two places to take third with $89bn.
This year, four Japan-based real estate companies, with $137bn of assets, made it onto the list
6 spots at the top of the list that are held by North American-headquartered firms
38 number of spaces in the ranking are held by Asian firms.